Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dreams

Have you ever had your dreams become reality? Unfortunately I have that happen more often than not and usually its not a good thing. I have been having the same dream over and over for about two months now and I am dreading it coming to life. Its not really horrible like someone dying or getting seriously hurt, but it does concerns one of my boyfriends friends. I'm going to call him Joe for now and I will call his wife Betty. My friendship with them has mainly been online but Clint's friendship with them, has been for most of his and Joe's lives. So bear with me... Here's the history.... Joe and his wife have been having a really rough time of things, going so far as Joe leaving. When Joe left it was because the verbal, mental, and emotional part of things was just getting to be to much. I have talked with both of them about how each one feels during some of the arguments they have had before they split up, and there were many times that I would feel frustrated because they are both great people, but they were both blaming the other for what the problems were, making it hard to tell what was going on. I usually will not side with either party in cases like this as it tends to cause problems with the friendships, so I stayed neutral and would not repeat what each of them had said. I have met Joe in person and have seen him with two of their children, so when I began hearing from Betty that Joe was beating the kids and leaving bruises I found that hard to believe. Joe did not come off as that kind of person when I met him last summer during his visit here to see Clint and his parents. I trust my gut feelings as they rarely prove me wrong, (unless my heart is involved but that's for another day) and Joe just does not come across as an abuser. I have not met Betty face to face so I cannot say anything about her character or what my gut feelings are where she is involved. Since the split they have finally started to get along better then they were when they were together, which I feel is a good thing. But... (those dang "buts" that always end up in there) when they first split no one had heard from Joe for quite sometime so all we were getting was Betty's side of the story and quite frankly what I was hearing made us concerned for Joe. Don't get me wrong Betty is a good person, But some of the things she was telling all of us were not what you would call "reasonable" thoughts of revenge. The whole reason for the revenge she was saying she was going to have on Joe was because when he left he retained custody of two of their children and there was nothing she could do about it. Joe is a good father to the children, the only reason he didn't take their youngest is their youngest is still breastfeeding and he did not want to interrupt that. However they are talking and "seem" to be getting along a lot better now. OK onto the dream part of it.... For the last two months now I have had the recurring dream that Joe has moved back to Farmington to live with his parents because things in Oklahoma have gotten to be too much. In my dream Joe moved here without his children and is going through a really nasty, messy divorce with Betty who has lied on the stand making Joe out to be some kind of monster. He lost his children because of the lies she has told and almost lost his freedom as well because the lies were that intense. So he moved here to get far enough away from her so she could not accuse him of anything worse than what she already had. Joe was a shell of the Joe I had met not to long ago in my dream. He was pale, depressed more than usual, locked himself away in his parents house when he wasn't looking for work, and you could tell when you saw him he had not been sleeping much at all. Betty had called Clint and I to "inform" us of all the things that Joe had supposedly done to her and to "warn us" not to trust him "Because he will steal from you and leave you in ruins like he did me" were her exact words in my dream. She had told us that Joe had taken all kinds of things from her house when he left and he would do the same to us, but the funny thing was Joe had moved here with his own money (what little he had after the lawyers) and what he did bring wasn't much at all. He had clothes to put on his back,, a bed a dresser, a coffee table (not the one described by Betty), and a small TV (the one she claimed he had taken was a 60 in screen TV yet he didn't have that with him). What little money he did have when he had gotten here went into his parents food supply and a little bit of gas in his car so he could look for a job, totaling to $100 and not the $3,000 that Betty was claiming to Clint and I one the phone. Joe had not said much to us about what Betty had pulled on him but we both new it wasn't good. Clint would go over to see him everyday after he got off of work and me and the kids would go over there every day to try and help Joe's mom with Joe's depression (I'm not a councilor but I love to talk to people to try and help them in the ways I have learned to help myself). Betty would call over there numerous times a day to make sure Joe knew "exactly" how far she would go to "make him pay" for thinking he could leave her before she was done ruining him and she would laugh which would only make it worse. That's where the dream usually ends and I really don't want to finish it either because I know how bad depression can get. The last thing I want to see is Joe hurt or worse because he is such a good guy. I have told Clint about the dreams and he has told me that it is very realistic as that is the true nature of Betty. She can be a good person until she wants something and she will do everything in her power to get it. that she is a conniving woman when she sets her mind to it. I have yet to meet her in person so I really can't say but for my dreams to hit home for Clint like that it scares me to know that it will probably come to be reality before long. As much as I like Joe for the person I have seen in him and what I have heard from Betty so far, I don't want this dream to come true because what could be the end of it does not bode well at all for Joe.

No comments: