Wednesday, March 26, 2008

~SIGH~ I feel so much better....

I love getting out and getting my hands dirty, digging in the dirt and planting. It always helps to relieve the stresses of life for me and this morning was my time to be able to do that. I don't have a garden of my own (yet) but I help my neighbor the kids have dubbed Granny Shirley. This morning she called me to ask for help digging the small trench she needed for her flowers to which I gladly replied "Sure I'll be down in just a few minuets" and hurriedly got the kids ready to go outside for some digging. Granny Shirley is turning 70 this year so when she asks for help with something I gladly help her or send the kids to do what she needs them to do. I have been waiting for her to call and ask me to help her dig this year since the weather turned nice and with everything that has been going on this came at just the right moment. The digging of the trench didn't take as long as it usually does but once it was ready to go we put in the peonies and the peat moss filled the dirt around them got them watered and made a little dirt border to help hold the water in. The exercise was great and I hope we will be doing more of the same soon since she still has some rose seeds to plant as well( the apartment mannager gave them to her) how that works i'm really not all that sure but she said we're going to give it a shot. I'm not going to make this a long tireing blog like I usually do since I have some cleaning to do aorund here still but I do feel so much better now that I have had my chance to get dirty and work off some of my frustrations. Maybe now I can go back to being normal agin and see what Clint and I can do to fix what we need fixed with us. Enjoy :)

No comments: